Kere's Adventure Challenge

My Journey

Sunday, September 12, 2010

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!


Well after 6 months of fundraising and training, my Adventure Challenge is over. It was an amazing journey. I was surprised by how tough the course was but pleased to know that my hard work had paid off.

I paddled hard around Jug Island - my goal was to do the 4kms in around 36 minutes, and I came in 40 minutes. I found my boat slow and dragged through the water, if I had my Pygmy kayak, it would have been 36 mins.
Next was the mountain bike, my goal was an hour and I nailed it right on. It was grueling, 35 minutes of straight up hill, and I don't mean rail bed up hill, I mean steep up hill. Then it was technical downhill and sprint to the finish. It was a gas, I really loved the biking and felt very strong and passed alot of people.

Finally the dreaded run. I got off the bike, the legs felt great, not tired or sore. I ran about 500 meters of flat road, it felt super. Then the course went to a trail, straight up hill, the first step I took with my left leg - POP went my soleus, the competetive part of the race was over. I had to walk/limp up the trail and back. What should have taken me 35 mins took me 50. I wasn't really disappointed because I expected it was going to give out, it hadn't really healed from last week. I was able to jog across the finish line though and I felt great.

I met a lot of great people and over $200,000 was raised for Caunck Place, I even won a door prize, 2 bottles of wine.

My final entry will be my times for each leg. These should be posted this week. To all who supported me, thanks so much, it has been an event I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment