Kere's Adventure Challenge

My Journey

Thursday, September 16, 2010

THE FINAL POST


Well somewhat sadly, this is the last post to my blog. My new best friend Chris Gailus from BCTV news was a great participant and a wonderful supporter of the cause.

The results are in:
I was 5th coming out of the water in 40 mins
I was 3rd after the bike in 1 hr
I finished 3RD IN THE RACE.

I was 14 seconds out of 2nd and 8 minutes out of 1st. Who knows what would have happened if my leg had held up.





Lessons that I have learned:

1. Hard work pays off - all the training and time put in made the race enjoyable and rewarding. For an old man of 49 to finish 3rd, I feel like I accomplished something.

2. Always find ways to contribute to good causes - While my contribution was slightly over $1000 - the event raised over $250,000 for Canuck Place. That's amazing and I am confident will help kids.

3. Set a goal - set a goal to do something you don't think you can do. You will be surprised at the human spirit.

4. Walk the Talk - I probably learned more about "human character" than anything. It has been interesting listening to people who say they want to support your cause but can't find the time to do so. I am truly inspired and appreciative of the friends in my life who have supported me because if it is important to me, then it is important to them. Thanks again to everyone who helped out, you are held in the highest regard by me and my family. I would love to repay the favor should you ever need anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment